Zoning and Planning
- 1-2 weeks for display models
- 2-3 weeks for most built to order sheds
- 3 weeks plus for custom sheds with vinyl or lap siding, metal roofs, or other non-stock options
We build and set up our sheds using concrete block leveling piers and ground anchors for buildings larger than 12’ in any dimension at no additional charge to meet code requirements.
Shed Features and Customizations
colors and siding types as well as roof pitches and shingle types and colors (exp.
Architectural shingles). Although we do have some transportation and building code
restrictions, in general, if you can dream it, we can build it. See your nearest dealer for
from LP called SmartSide. The flooring is LP ProStruct. They are designed, engineered
and tested specifically to be used in shed applications. They are resistant to termites and
water and made to last. See LP Product Specifications and information under the
“Standard Features” section.
- Our sheds are engineered and built in a climate controlled facility to eliminate any environmental impacts to the structure before it is complete.
- It allows our engineers to monitor every phase of the construction process including your customizations.
- It allows our buyers to purchase higher grade materials for less since we are buying for hundreds of sheds… not just one.
- Fences are perceived to be a barrier to delivery. Wooden privacy fences are the most common we hear about. In this example most fences have 8’ sections between posts that can easily be removed by the homeowner or fence professional. Then, simply dig up the post that connected the two panels, resulting in an opening over 15’ to allow delivery of the pre-built shed. If it is not a corner post or gate post, then there is less concrete around the post, which further simplifies the removal as well as re-installation process. It can be intimidating to remove a section of fence, particularly if it is new, but the value trade-off is usually worth the difference since built-on-site sheds are generally 20% more expensive excluding caulking and paint.
Damages due to accidents or weather (including paint fading) are not covered. We do use a quality Sherwin-Williams exterior paint.
We can fix most minor damages not covered under our warranty at our cost. For example, broken windows due to a fallen tree limb or rock from a lawn mower would not be covered, but could be fixed for the cost of the materials, labor cost and reasonable travel charge. Read more
Customers can choose any Sherwin-Williams paint color or provide a sample for us to match for an additional $75. Any leftover paint will be delivered with the shed.
We offer 4 standard shingle color options and metal roofing can be added in your choice of colors for an additional $1 per square foot.
Basically, we engineer our entire floor system as a unit including placement of concrete leveling piers, floor joists, and 4×6 skids resulting in a floor as strong or stronger than those with 2×6 floor joists but fewer, smaller skids and piers.
Tongue and groove floor decking is a standard feature of our sheds and it also adds to the overall stability of our sheds.
And, if you want the piece of mind, we can add 2×6 floor joists for just $0.50 per square foot for even more strength.
You can also call or email us during normal business hours to discuss these and other topics.
Pre-delivery Planning and Delivery Day
8”x 16” concrete block up to 12” in ground level differential. We will arrive with the
shed on a truck and trailer. We then use a “mule” off-road mini fork lift and additional
wheels to maneuver the shed into place. Then, starting at the highest point of ground
with 1 concrete block, we will use “jacks” to level the shed and place additional block
piers on 3 of the ground skids approximately every 8’. The tallest block pier should not
exceed 3 blocks high (12”). Leveling above this height will result in an additional charge
of $2 per block. Note that only the minimum number of block required to level the shed
are included. For example, if the ground is really level to begin with, then fewer block
are needed to level the shed. No extra block will be left behind for the customer and
“raising of the shed” above the minimum required is not included even if no pier exceeds
3 blocks (12”) in height.
the width of the shed (8’, 10’ or 12’) and 12’ tall. For pictures and additional information
regarding “Clear Access”, please see the “Delivery Information” section of this webpage.
Also, site visits are available where needed.
delivery of the shed. We do not build on-site, but typically it is less expensive to remove
or have someone else remove a portion of fence than to hire an on-site shed contractor.
In the case of a fence, we only need 4-6” on each side of the shed to go through the fence
as long as we do not have to turn while the shed is between the remaining fence sections.
discuss with scheduler prior to delivery so that we may gather more details and possibly
schedule a visit.